Vitality Counseling is not a 24-hour crisis facility and cannot guarantee a response 24 hours a day to crisis situations. Please refer to the list below in the case of a mental health emergency.
UNC Wakebrook 107 Sunnybrook Rd., Raleigh, NC 27610 (984) 974-4830. Crisis help is available for emergency situations 24 hours a day for children and adults by walking in or calling.
Mobile Crisis Management
Crisis Line: 1-877-626-1772- For crisis response 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. They will do a phone assessment and may come to your home.
800 447-1800: For confidential assessment 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Adult Campus: 3019 Falstaff Road Raleigh, NC 27610. (919) 250-7000
- Children’s Campus: 201 Michael J. Smith Lane Raleigh, NC 27610. (919) 250-7600
Local Emergency Departments
- WakeMed 3000 New Bern Avenue Raleigh NC
- WakeMed Cary 1900 Kildaire Farm Rd. Cary, NC
- Rex Hospital 4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh, NC
- Duke-Raleigh 3400 Wake Forest Road Raleigh, NC
While these hospitals do not have mental health units, they will assess and determine if an individual should be involuntarily committed to a psychiatric unit at another facility.
Emergency Departments with Psychiatric Units
- UNC Medical Center hospital emergency room
101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
- Duke Health hospital emergency room
2301 Erwin Road Durham, NC
- Durham Regional hospital emergency room
3642 N. Roxboro Street Durham, NC
These hospitals have psychiatric units and will assess for medical and/or psychiatric concerns and determine whether an individual should be involuntarily committed. If beds are not available at the assessing hospital, staff will locate a bed in another hospital within North Carolina.
- Crisis Intervention Hotline: (919) 545-0224
24/7 hotline which serves victims of domestic violence, domestic abuse, or sexual assault.
24/7 crisis and suicide prevention
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline:(800) 273-8255
- Interact Domestic Violence Hotline: (919) 828-7740
- Interact SAFE Center: (919) 828-3067
Suspected Neglect or Abuse
If you suspect a situation of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a child or an elder.
Child Protection Report Line:
English: (919) 212-7990 | Spanish: (919) 212-7963
- Adult Protective Services Line: (919) 212-7264